GT SPORT GT-League

Skid_Mark

GT SPORT GT-League

Post by Skid_Mark » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:02 pm

My first video ever i uploaded to YT. It's a bit a beginner video and i won't make many because of my slow Inet connection.
As i'm really happy that the Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 '53 can keep up with the dominators Ferrari, Jaguar and Ford on Circuit de la Sarthe without chicanes in Professional League Nostalgic 1979 when it's fully upgraded i tried to make a video. The first lap is in cockpiview with a bit looking around, the second lap is 99% TV-Cam. It was a clean race as the XPs had the clean race bonus. 20 millions are full, so no money. PD should increase the top to 40 Million credits.
Suspension is stock, Differential i took from Praiano, Soft Racing tyres, TC 2, CSA strong, cockpitview, manual gearshift, controller sensititivity 0.
Gears i have to add later.

EDIT:
Suspension stock, but toe:
Out 0,25 / In 0,40 (don't know if i changed that)

Differential:
12 / 18 / 30 (Praiano)

Gears:
Vmax = 380 km/h
Final Gear: 3,420
"Time rushes, divides, lingers and heals"
Skid
PSN: Mark_McCormick
Jay

Re: GT SPORT GT-League

Post by Jay » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:12 am

Skid_Mark wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:02 pm20 millions are full, so no money. PD should increase the top to 40 Million credits.
Thanks for the settings & video, Mark.

When you hit 20m credits, buy an Aston Vulcan. It costs 3m+ but you can re-sell it for 1m when you need the cash. Once you're back up to 20m, it's then like having a mil in a 'savings account'. :D Rinse & repeat, & you can build up a nice extra reserve... 8-)
Jay

"If it's too loud, you're too old..."

PSN: Jaywalk3r1884
Skid_Mark

Post by Skid_Mark » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:23 am

Jay wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:12 am
Skid_Mark wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:02 pm20 millions are full, so no money. PD should increase the top to 40 Million credits.
Thanks for the settings & video, Mark.

When you hit 20m credits, buy an Aston Vulcan. It costs 3m+ but you can re-sell it for 1m when you need the cash. Once you're back up to 20m, it's then like having a mil in a 'savings account'. :D Rinse & repeat, & you can build up a nice extra reserve... 8-)
Thank you, Jay, for the tip. I know it, but sometimes i'm too lazy going to Brands Central. And i know me, if i have a car in my my garage, i won't sell it. I'm a hopeless collector. But next time i will try to follow your suggestion.
And thanks for watching.
Mark
Skid
vedder1992

Post by vedder1992 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:18 am

Skid_Mark wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:02 pm My first video ever i uploaded to YT. It's a bit a beginner video and i won't make many because of my slow Inet connection.
As i'm really happy that the Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 '53 can keep up with the dominators Ferrari, Jaguar and Ford on Circuit de la Sarthe without chicanes in Professional League Nostalgic 1979 when it's fully upgraded i tried to make a video. The first lap is in cockpiview with a bit looking around, the second lap is 99% TV-Cam. It was a clean race as the XPs had the clean race bonus. 20 millions are full, so no money. PD should increase the top to 40 Million credits.
Suspension is stock, Differential i took from Praiano, Soft Racing tyres, TC 2, CSA strong, cockpitview, manual gearshift, controller sensititivity 0.
Gears i have to add later.

EDIT:
Suspension stock, but toe:
Out 0,25 / In 0,40 (don't know if i changed that)

Differential:
12 / 18 / 30 (Praiano)

Gears:
Vmax = 380 km/h
Final Gear: 3,420
Nice driving and video Mark.
''Don't ever put your happiness in someone else's hands. They'll drop it. They'll drop it every time''.
Skid_Mark

Post by Skid_Mark » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 am

vedder1992 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:18 am Nice driving and video Mark.
Thank you. I had luck with the grid and the AI. If 3 Ferrari 330 P3 are on top of the starting grid, the AI is stronger. With the same total time you can win easily or become 2nd with 30 sec behind the winning AI driver. A "cruising race" is nice too, you don't have to take too much risk.
Skid
Agathodaimon

Post by Agathodaimon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:04 pm

Skid_Mark wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:02 pm My first video ever i uploaded to YT.
Nice job Mark! :D

How long did the upload take?
Since my move i haven't even tried, as the up-stream is only 3MBit now (if everything runs perfectly) ;)

Thanks for the settings too, i might try them soon when my neck feels better and if my G29 pedals work. After a first cleaning everything was fine for a while, but now the brake pedal sends signals even when not braking (not nice on a long straight) :x
Skid_Mark

Post by Skid_Mark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:50 am

Agathodaimon wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:04 pm Nice job Mark! :D

How long did the upload take?
Since my move i haven't even tried, as the up-stream is only 3MBit now (if everything runs perfectly) ;)

Thanks for the settings too, i might try them soon when my neck feels better and if my G29 pedals work. After a first cleaning everything was fine for a while, but now the brake pedal sends signals even when not braking (not nice on a long straight) :x
First of all thanks for watching :)

Though living in Munich there are still white spots on the map. In our little street - next to a big street which leads from the city to the north - with a lot of 5 - 8 floor high apartment houses there is no fibreglass cable. I have a Download Speed of 12 Mbit/sec and an Upload Speed of 1 Mbit/sec. Ingame GTS i recently could upload a 32 MB race. A >70 MB race can make problems. The GTS servers say "Upload didn't work" or something similar. That's ingame. The vid i uploaded to YT was 7,5 min long with a file size of about 380 MB. The Upload lasted ca. 55 minutes. It's slow but at least stable. I only know it this way (dreaming of a fast internet is allowed). But the vice versa situation (being used to a fast Inet and then facing only a slow one) ...i can imagine that's pretty hard :(

That's not good news about your pedals. Let's hope you can sort it out. Is there a gaming shop in La Palma where they could help you if the issue comes back after a second cleaning?
Or can the pedal unit be ordered seperately?

Do you use a Racing Seat because you write about neck problems? These Racing Seats often are not so comfortable...

Bye and all the best for you,
Mark
Skid
Agathodaimon

Post by Agathodaimon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Skid_Mark wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:50 am First of all thanks for watching :)
I have a Download Speed of 12 Mbit/sec and an Upload Speed of 1 Mbit/sec.
But the vice versa situation (being used to a fast Inet and then facing only a slow one) ...i can imagine that's pretty hard :(

That's not good news about your pedals. Let's hope you can sort it out. Is there a gaming shop in La Palma where they could help you if the issue comes back after a second cleaning?

Do you use a Racing Seat because you write about neck problems? These Racing Seats often are not so comfortable...

Mark
You're welcome :)

So your Connection is worse than mine (20/3), which is unbelievable for a City like Munich and Germany as a 'high-tech country'. My provider was founded by Germans and they provide a stable service - via mivro-wave - and in a couple of years (couple hopefully meaning two) we should have the option for fiber, as it's already offered in the next town - on a small island that is geologically part of Africa :lol:
I will definetely try an upload then, when i have some nice footage.

Pedal situation is bad, support here is difficult to get for many things, so i'll try myself again and if nothing helps get me a new wheel (pedals are not sold seperately), maybe try Fanatec as you suggested - probably not, as price is crazy, could get more than 10 Logitech wheels, should be enough for 20 years of gaming ;) :lol:

Neck problems are unrelated to racing this time, but driving doesn't improve the situation. Resting it in the sun helps though ;)

Have fun and stay fast! :D
Skid_Mark

Post by Skid_Mark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:04 pm

Agathodaimon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:04 pm You're welcome :)

So your Connection is worse than mine (20/3), which is unbelievable for a City like Munich and Germany as a 'high-tech country'. My provider was founded by Germans and they provide a stable service - via mivro-wave - and in a couple of years (couple hopefully meaning two) we should have the option for fiber, as it's already offered in the next town - on a small island that is geologically part of Africa :lol:

Pedal situation is bad, support here is difficult to get for many things, so i'll try myself again and if nothing helps get me a new wheel (pedals are not sold seperately), maybe try Fanatec as you suggested - probably not, as price is crazy, could get more than 10 Logitech wheels, should be enough for 20 years of gaming ;) :lol:

Neck problems are unrelated to racing this time, but driving doesn't improve the situation. Resting it in the sun helps though ;)

@ Internet-Connection: there would be the possibility to change to our Cable TV Provider who also offers telephone and internet. It's a seperate cable, not fiberglas but a thicker and better cable than the old telephone cable. But... our little provider and many small Cable TV Providers in Germany have been overtaken by PYUR, a Holding-like corporation with horrible support. Better a slow Inet but with reliabilty. So i stay with my local DSL Provider, perhaps in the future the 21. century find's our street.

@ Fanatec: there are cheaper wheels, too, in their product portfolio and the modul-architecture offers a lot of possibilities. But all in all they are more sophisticated and i don't know if their potential is fully used on PS4. I think for the PS4 the G29 is a good wheel. Praiano decided for this one because of the reliabilty.

Last but not least: Enjoy the Sun 8-)
Skid
Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Agathodaimon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:04 pm
Skid_Mark wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:50 am First of all thanks for watching :)
I have a Download Speed of 12 Mbit/sec and an Upload Speed of 1 Mbit/sec.
But the vice versa situation (being used to a fast Inet and then facing only a slow one) ...i can imagine that's pretty hard :(

Mark
You're welcome :)

I had a problem with my gas pedal on my G27 pedals on my G29 wheel. Turns out the connector from the pedals to the wheel console had come loose. It's just friction fit, no screws so it might work itself loose over time. You're probably checked that but just in case, check it out.
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.