Daily Races

nofitg

Daily Races

Post by nofitg » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Here is a short clip of a daily race. Last lap, Audi (me) versus and Alfa.

Paul S (PSN: nofitg)
Momentum: A boon to the wise and a curse to the foolish.
lisanorm

Re: Daily Races

Post by lisanorm » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:56 am

Good stuff Paul,like how they went off track and gave up :D
Hi,name is Norm,Norman,Normie or Stormin :lol:
PSN ID: lisanorm Or stormin_1971 or when in England charlienorm and now in the US dirtydonutmouth :o :shock: :lol:
Happy Frustrations

Norm's putt putt tunes
http://gtworld.ca/viewforum.php?f=66
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1026661
nofitg

Post by nofitg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 am

It would be good to see more short clips from daily races here.

And perhaps a discussion about tips and techniques.

As to the 'giving up' - racing can be very much a mind game. I'm sure that it often happens that when you overtake someone they either give up or make the mistake of trying harder. If they try harder then that can lead to mistakes.
Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:40 am

nofitg wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 amIt would be good to see more short clips from daily races here.
I haven't tried one of these for ages. Got tired of constantly being taken out...
Jay

"If it's too loud, you're too old..."

PSN: Jaywalk3r1884
De Sus

Post by De Sus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:29 am

nofitg wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 am It would be good to see more short clips from daily races here.

Good idea, Paul !
I have a question right away about the daily races.
I have heard that your car number is a good indicator of where you should aim to finish.
But how can I possibly know my car number ??
And the car number doesn't indicate your position on the grid.
But hey, I mean I'm in the car, and that number is on the outside of the car :roll:
Can you help me guys???
Cheers, Francois
PSN ID: A-n-d-r-i-o-t
"No pain, no gain"
Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:55 am

De Sus wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:29 am
nofitg wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 am It would be good to see more short clips from daily races here.

Good idea, Paul !
I have a question right away about the daily races.
I have heard that your car number is a good indicator of where you should aim to finish.
But how can I possibly know my car number ??
And the car number doesn't indicate your position on the grid.
But hey, I mean I'm in the car, and that number is on the outside of the car :roll:
Can you help me guys???
Sorry, haven't heard of this. Maybe you can see your car number with chase cam view? I can't see how the number could affect anything, though...
Jay

"If it's too loud, you're too old..."

PSN: Jaywalk3r1884
De Sus

Post by De Sus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Jay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:55 am
Sorry, haven't heard of this. Maybe you can see your car number with chase cam view? I can't see how the number could affect anything, though...
Maybe I didn't explain well. I'm not an expert either.
It's all about Driver Rating and Driver Points (DR).
What I know is, that the driver with car number 1 is supposed to be the strongest and fastest driver in the field. But he doesn't start necessarily from pole. Depending on his qualifying time it's possible that he starts only from P10. So, beating him will increase your DR a lot. On the other hand , if you start from pole with car number 7, and you finish on 11th place your DR will decrease.
My problem is that, when I'm on the grid and the race starts, I have now idea where the drivers with car number 1 or 2 or 3 are. Are they in front of me or behind me ? I don't even know my own car number. It is not indicated anywhere.
Do you guys know more ? How do you solve that problem ?
Cheers, Francois
"No pain, no gain"
nofitg

Post by nofitg » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:10 am

The only way you can see what number is on your car is after the race - save a replay. If you can't see the number easily, then take a 'walk around' picture.

I'm not convinced that the number indicates anything. Sure, I have read somewhere about them supposedly indicating your relative skill, but that is of no value or use to the drivers. You could look at a replay and see whether you performed as predicted, or better or worse, but again, how does that help?

Is there any information anywhere - official information from PD, not chat from players - about the rationale of car numbers?

It might be interesting to know how the system works out DR. However, without knowing the detail it is pretty obvious that your DR rating will advance when you win a race. Does it advance when you finish second or third? Or only if you finish in a higher position than you started, or ahead of higher rated drivers?

Frankly, unless that knowledge translates into something useful which would help me increase my DR rating, then it will remain of no use to me whatever.
lisanorm

Post by lisanorm » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 am

Your car number you can use the cycle camera option (with rear facing aswell) to see the hood when you are sitting in the pits area in the warm up...Also yes i am thinking the points go up for DR if you finish higher than your stated number,i think this number in race is based on your total DR points rank in world,just because they have more overall total world points than you does not mean they are faster,so therefore if you start lower in number and have a great result this then boosts you end DR score for race.Finish lower than your number and stupidly you lose points.How do i know this,well i got back into DR A but getting there i thrashed my overall race number which gave me large points and when i had finished well below my number i lost points and this was even racing cleanly and all that..So yes to me this points system is still stupid,well their whole system for points and penalties is FKD up...That's how i see it anyway :D
Hi,name is Norm,Norman,Normie or Stormin :lol:
PSN ID: lisanorm Or stormin_1971 or when in England charlienorm and now in the US dirtydonutmouth :o :shock: :lol:
Happy Frustrations

Norm's putt putt tunes
http://gtworld.ca/viewforum.php?f=66
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1026661
De Sus

Post by De Sus » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:13 pm

lisanorm wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 am Your car number you can use the cycle camera option (with rear facing aswell) to see the hood when you are sitting in the pits area in the warm up:D
Hey, thanks for the info, Norm !! I didn't even think about that possibility :roll: .
Will try this out next time ;)
Thanks again, mate !
Cheers, Francois
"No pain, no gain"