NASCAR TT and Tsukuba TT

Waddy
Site Admin

NASCAR TT and Tsukuba TT

Post by Waddy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 am

Longer videos than normal. These aren't for the experts so don't expect any earth shaking insights. They simply show how I got gold by lowering my lap times bit by bit.

At Tsukuba, I used the Honda Civic Sir which looked good in the garage but didn't have the oomph to get an easy gold. 12 laps later, gold was mine but just by a hair. Maybe I'll see what everyone else is using if I want to lower my time. This wasn't live, well some of it is, so you miss the ghost which is in the next video:
The NASCAR was strange. I had a Kenseth Camry but I guess I sold it. Lost the tune, Praiano's so I can get it back, and drove with a Team Shmo tune. Just nipped the gold time after a few laps then used the prize car. You'll see what happens. All I did on the prize car was raise the DF to max, front and rear. Got a much better time, believe it or not. With mistakes, I'd say there's at least a second or two left out there. Some of you could get an easy gold with the prize car untuned and at the stock PP, 620.
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.
YapalfeuAulac

Re: NASCAR TT and Tsukuba TT

Post by YapalfeuAulac » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:20 am

I guess the tune on the Toyota was made for a totally different track, maybe an oval? Definitely not appropriate for Indy road without any downforce ;) . Interesting video, you can observe the difference in the driving as soon as you raise the DF. If you feel like hunting the apex, follow the driving line and you'll find one or two secs easy peasy. Thanks for sharing Skipper!
Pierre
"Yappa"
PSN: IGURAG11

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self - Ernest Hemingway
Waddy
Site Admin

Re: NASCAR TT and Tsukuba TT

Post by Waddy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:27 am

YapalfeuAulac wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:20 am I guess the tune on the Toyota was made for a totally different track, maybe an oval? Definitely not appropriate for Indy road without any downforce ;) . Interesting video, you can observe the difference in the driving as soon as you raise the DF. If you feel like hunting the apex, follow the driving line and you'll find one or two secs easy peasy. Thanks for sharing Skipper!
The tune is here, just have to find it. This is a duplicate Seasonal. I found that out through a comment on my old video using the Toyota on the same track. I guess the commenter thought it was a new video for this event. I didn't spend extra time shaving off here and there because I didn't want the video to be too long. Untuned prize car for gold? That doesn't happen too often.
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.