testing grounds

Here is where you'll find links to Praiano's tunes for Gran Turismo Sport. Feel free to join the forum to discuss the tunes.
steefpeef

testing grounds

Post by steefpeef » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:38 am

praiano63 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:41 pm

It would be a very good thing,lap time is not very important because this is very relative to the driver, but comparing stock and tuned time is interesting , together with how the car react to the inputs. Driving pleasure is above everything. Some good cars put a smile on your face and you can drive them hours and hours just for the feel.
I can take some request for the ring, suzuka, maggiore or any fun track like this. No oval . :lol: Let s see.
- low threshold!

- what track can serve for an allround tune please advise/decide ? soft for bumpy vs. hard vs. top speed ability (so only top speed adjustment necessary?)... so an allround track!

- what important tunes from the beta are we missing ? are all classes covered?

- use other tunes from other tuners for comparison or inspiration? (could be an bad idea, should not turn out as a secret mini-fitt, but in the comment field one could share ideas, so also about experiences from other tunes? we are still in the family here, so why not in i-sanct?, let us keep it simple(!) - so no squabble about rules...)

- use the tune with different tires, CH vs. SS vs. RS vs... , and how does it affect the car, when does one have to fight a car vs the track... conclusion: combo(s) that put a smile on your face?

- how does the car/tune combo stand up to other car/tune combo from it's class

- wheel vs. ds4 (only tc to 2 and the tune is fine?)

- each car/track combo as a new threat, first few posts as placebo to collect the info/findings/thoughts/results grouped

- i will try to open a room/lobby (european) so we can meet online/online testing..., some one could open in amerasia aswell? name it pracheck(1,2,3,4,....) or something like that easy to find but not obvious to keep it low profile to keep idiots out, close it and open again with other rules or other owner...

to start with...

street:

- Mazda Roadster S (ND)
- Volkswagen Golf VII GTI
- Nissan GTR 2017
- McLaren 650S
- Aston Martin One-77

race:

Hyundai Genesis ’13 Gr.3
Hyundai Genesis ’13 Gr.4
BMW Z4 GT3 ’11
Renault Megane Gr. 4

just open new threat, choose track and car, later provide tune,
and hopefully things happen by itself,

so: good opening post with idea's question, reserve paceboslots, , and who knows could it be fun and serve as a preparation for things to come in the hope that future updates won't make the tunes useless...

what do the others think???
Last edited by steefpeef on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
psn: steefpeef

steefpeef

Re: testing grounds

Post by steefpeef » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:04 am

first answer:

- what track??? is nurburging gt also good?

- start with slow car (n??? / g4) so we can learn the (not too long) track

- tune can come later...

- start with questions like:

is the car fun --> why
laptime
what tire is fun/not fun
what is weakness with what tire --> why

someone of us could also reserve the first post's for info collection... the first 5? you have better things to do with your time...

The Judge 2009

Post by The Judge 2009 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:04 am

@ Steefpeef

I love this idea..... :D
Was also thinking to set something up for our members, but your idea is just class.

Ok, time might be a problem for some, but we can set a general time for all of us
and stick with that specific time line.
Or 'Waddy' could integrate a world clock on the forum.... :mrgreen:

I am in.....let me know if you need something to do.
PS4 PSN: TheJudge2009
Chris.
Accelerate Until you see GOD....Then Brake.....
If you spin out in corner 7, and nobody saw you....
Well.... Did you really spin out!!!!!

Agathodaimon

Post by Agathodaimon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:50 am

I like the idea as well, will check it out next week.

Maybe just use private lobbies, for friends only (location in the world doesn't matter btw!). I will send you a FR anyway soon, so check your notifications :)
Cheers Alex
PSN: AlexAlien66

The Judge 2009

Post by The Judge 2009 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Good point, if we go ahead with this....to make sure we send requests to eachother.....
PS4 PSN: TheJudge2009
Chris.
Accelerate Until you see GOD....Then Brake.....
If you spin out in corner 7, and nobody saw you....
Well.... Did you really spin out!!!!!

steefpeef

Post by steefpeef » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:42 am

did a start, with framework, could be too complex, please post thoughts or suggestions here, if there come new tunes from Laurent for us, others can start a thread with the framework and maintain it, just a thought...

suggestions/thoughts?

grts, Steef

Agathodaimon

Post by Agathodaimon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:14 am

steefpeef wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:42 am
did a start, with framework, could be too complex, please post thoughts or suggestions here, if there come new tunes from Laurent for us, others can start a thread with the framework and maintain it, just a thought...

suggestions/thoughts?

grts, Steef
Steef, this is a short comment regarding you posts in the other thread (testing ground: N200 Alfa Romeo 4C - Brands Hatch GP), which i didn't completely understood after first reading tbh ;)

Could you maybe put your data in fewer posts, e.g. all race times and thoughts compiled in one post, which you can always edit.
Everybody who supports and contributes to the information about the car should also put everything in one post, so at the end data is not spread out that much and can be merged much easier in the op if useful. One thread per car is a good idea btw.
Hope i will find time to contribute as well, will try the Alfa tomorrow if i can.

Thanks for your efforts Steef! :beer: :D
Cheers Alex
PSN: AlexAlien66