G27 Cutting Out

Here's where we'll post our impressions of our first test sample, the DriveHub by CollectivbeMinds. Want to use a G27 on a PS4? All you need is DriveHub.
Waddy
Site Admin

G27 Cutting Out

Post by Waddy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:32 am

I was in the Career Mode in PCars 2 yesterday. My G27 kept getting disconnected, four times, so I couldn't do anything until I unplugged the DH from the PS4 and plugged it back in. Frustrating!

I took the DH to my PC and updated the firmware then spent a few hours chasing trophies. No cutouts at all. I'll go back to the CM today to see if if everything is fixed but keep the firmware in mind if you're having problems. It's easy to update, damn simple but you have to use a computer to do it. Instructions are in the manual for both PC and Mac.
Now on Twitter: @_gtworld
Brian "Skipper" PSN: waddy2001

cracked

Re: G27 Cutting Out

Post by cracked » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi Waddy,

The disconnection behavior you are experiencing is caused by the controller not being powered off before plugging it into the drive hub. When the controller is still connected wirelessly (BT) to the console the necessary authentication information is not passed thru the Drive Hub via the Dual Shock 4 controller witch causes the timeout/disconnect behavior.

Here is a video tutorial from our website that helps with the connection procedure

phpBB [video]

1. With your Dual Shock 4 controller powered off plug it into the First USB port labelled Controller on the Drive hub using a Micro USB cable.
2. Plug your Steering Wheel into the second USB port Labelled Wheel/ Controller on the Drive hub
3. Plug the included 6ft Micro USB cable into the Drive hub USB port labelled Console and then PlayStation 4 Console.
4. The Wheel will now enter calibration mode the Model number of the wheel will be displayed on the Drive hub LED display. For example Logitech G27, G-2-7 will be displayed. The Green LED’s Adjacent to the corresponding USB port will illuminate and the LED will now Display a solid Zero indicating it is connected.

To manually power down your Dual Shock 4 controller simply press and hold the PS button on the front of your controller until the light bar tuns off.. (it takes a while)

We have implement a fix in the latest firmware that will automatically switch over the controller to wired authentication.

Ken

Waddy
Site Admin

Re: G27 Cutting Out

Post by Waddy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:58 pm

cracked wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:25 pm
Hi Waddy,

The disconnection behavior you are experiencing is caused by the controller not being powered off before plugging it into the drive hub. When the controller is still connected wirelessly (BT) to the console the necessary authentication information is not passed thru the Drive Hub via the Dual Shock 4 controller witch causes the timeout/disconnect behavior.

Here is a video tutorial from our website that helps with the connection procedure

phpBB [video]

1. With your Dual Shock 4 controller powered off plug it into the First USB port labelled Controller on the Drive hub using a Micro USB cable.
2. Plug your Steering Wheel into the second USB port Labelled Wheel/ Controller on the Drive hub
3. Plug the included 6ft Micro USB cable into the Drive hub USB port labelled Console and then PlayStation 4 Console.
4. The Wheel will now enter calibration mode the Model number of the wheel will be displayed on the Drive hub LED display. For example Logitech G27, G-2-7 will be displayed. The Green LED’s Adjacent to the corresponding USB port will illuminate and the LED will now Display a solid Zero indicating it is connected.

To manually power down your Dual Shock 4 controller simply press and hold the PS button on the front of your controller until the light bar tuns off.. (it takes a while)

We have implement a fix in the latest firmware that will automatically switch over the controller to wired authentication.

Ken
Hi Ken, I'll check that but I always make sure the controller is off before I turn the PS4 on. That way the sign-in is done by the G27, not the controller. I'll double check it all today. thanks!
Now on Twitter: @_gtworld
Brian "Skipper" PSN: waddy2001