Comparison between Drive Hub & Chromusmax Pro

Here's where we'll post our impressions of our first test sample, the DriveHub by CollectivbeMinds. Want to use a G27 on a PS4? All you need is DriveHub.
Sunnyb255

Comparison between Drive Hub & Chromusmax Pro

Post by Sunnyb255 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Can anyone explain what the difference is between the Drive Hub and the Chromusmax Pro adapters?

Jay

Re: Comparison between Drive Hub & Chromusmax Pro

Post by Jay » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:22 am

Sunnyb255 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 pm
Can anyone explain what the difference is between the Drive Hub and the Chromusmax Pro adapters?
Brian (Waddy) should be able to help you here, mate. He doesn't always see every post, so send him a PM. 8-)
Jay

"If it's too loud, you're too old..."

PSN: Jaywalk3r1884

Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:25 am

Sunnyb255 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 pm
As far as I know, they are the same. Actually, if you search 'cronusmax collectiveminds' . you get the same companies mentioned. I think Collective Minds is the main company and Cronusmax is their gaming wing, just a guess. A DriveHub is a DriveHub, I think. If there isn't a price difference, order it from whichever one gives you the best deal and the best shipping prices.

Edit: I see now that you asked about adapters, as in other products. From what I've read, the DriveHub is more for wheels while the other CM product(s) are for other controllers. Some players have special controllers for different games. The CM flash drive unit supports these. DH might too but I can't test that. Do some good research and you'll figure it out. For most people here, the DriveHub would have the biggest interest.
Now on Twitter: @_gtworld
Brian "Skipper" PSN: waddy2001

Sunnyb255

Post by Sunnyb255 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Thanks for your thoughts. I had purchased the Chromusmax Pro for the GT Sport and found it acceptable for the Fanatec wheels and pedals. Was wondering if the hub which you have tested offered anything different, improvements, etc.

cracked

Post by cracked » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:27 am

Collective Mind's produces and develops both the CronusMax Plus and the Drive Hub, The CronusMax Pro offers entry level Support for Racing wheels and is a sound entry level solution. The Drive Hub on the other hand offers a much deeper level of conversion and variety of wheels support including the ability to mix and match accessories such as Pedals and Gear shifts and you don't need to use a USB hub. I would say for straight forward conversion like the Logitech GT Sport on PS4 the Cronus is a good choice. IMHO for Fanatec setups Drive Hub is the better choice as it unlocks features unique to the brand depending on the Base/Rim combo.

The Drive Hub also offers Full Xbox One support something that Cronusmax can not due to the limitations of the hardware.

Our goal with both products was the same, eliminate forced retirement of perfectly good products by manufactures and allow wheel owners to freely move their devices from platform to platform.

Ken
Collective Minds.

YapalfeuAulac

Post by YapalfeuAulac » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:30 pm

cracked wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:27 am
Our goal with both products was the same, eliminate forced retirement of perfectly good products by manufactures and allow wheel owners to freely move their devices from platform to platform.
You're to be congratulated
Pierre
"Yappa"
PSN: IGURAG11 (joining GTS soon)

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self - Ernest Hemingway