First Test of DriveHub

Here's where we'll post our impressions of our first test sample, the DriveHub by CollectivbeMinds. Want to use a G27 on a PS4? All you need is DriveHub.
Waddy
Site Admin

First Test of DriveHub

Post by Waddy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:19 pm

We were fortunate enough to receive DriveHub unit to test. At around $100 CDN, it's a reasonably inexpensive way to attach your current older steering wheel to a newer console. DriveHub works with the PS4/PS4 Pro and the Xbox One. We're testing the PS4 Pro here using F1 2016. Stay tuned for more videos in the future. We'll try Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, maybe DriveClub as well. To tell you the truth, it simply works. Yay!

Now on Twitter: @_gtworld
Brian "Skipper" PSN: waddy2001

cracked

Re: First Test of DriveHub

Post by cracked » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:40 am

Hi Just to offer clarification on the PS button.. To mimic the PS button simply press the two outside red buttons on the Gear Shift at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Ken
Collective Minds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

YapalfeuAulac

Post by YapalfeuAulac » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:24 am

Thank you Brian and Ken (from a G27 owner). The device looks great, I'll have a closer look.
Pierre
"Yappa"
PSN: IGURAG11 (joining GTS soon)

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self - Ernest Hemingway

Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:54 am

YapalfeuAulac wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:24 am
Thank you Brian and Ken (from a G27 owner). The device looks great, I'll have a closer look.
For you and everyone else who hasn't made the jump to the PS4, this will save a chunk of money. The G27 felt good plus it was nice to have the shifter right there if I need it. I'd forgotten how good the whole setup is.

Thanks, Ken. Good tip.

lisanorm

Post by lisanorm » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:24 am

Ya know i did a search for a G27 and it seems people are asking up to a $1,000 :shock: :o :lol: very hard to find one at cost price and the fact that no one stocks them any more :cry:
Hi,name is Norm,Norman,Normie or Stormin :lol:
PSN ID: lisanorm Or stormin_1971
Not as green as cabbage looking

Norm's putt putt tunes
http://gtworld.ca/viewforum.php?f=66

Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:00 am

lisanorm wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:24 am
Ya know i did a search for a G27 and it seems people are asking up to a $1,000 :shock: :o :lol: very hard to find one at cost price and the fact that no one stocks them any more :cry:
The point is, as you know I'm sure, isn't that the DriveHub hooks up a G27 to a modern console, it's that it saves you the cost of a new wheel when you make the switch to the PS4. It doesn't make sense to buy a G27 now at all but if you have one already and haven't bought a PS4 yet, you don't have to think about a new wheel, just the DriveHub. Of course it works with other, older wheels as well as with the Xbox One.

However, and this might help some members, if you do find a G27 somewhere, maybe at a garage/boot sale or in a thrift store, buy it if it's a decent price. A new G29 with the shifter is $470 at Amazon ($399 by itself). I almost sold my G27 for $75. Glad I didn't!

I'll do a test on the DFGT. Many members have one of those kicking around, too. Pretty sure we all started with that one, right? Retro is the rage now, isn't it? Imagine setting a TT record on GT Sport with a DFGT. Now that would be cool!

TotallyStock

Post by TotallyStock » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:11 am

I would like to get my hands on an old G27, for PC.
My DFGT is good, but i am guessing the G27 was the pinnacle of the (cheap) wheels
PSN: totallystock1024

YapalfeuAulac

Post by YapalfeuAulac » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:54 am

I wonder if there will be an opportunity to buy the device in a shop in Switzerland. Maybe Ken can answer this. My point is: the shippment would cost me 45 $, if my infos are correct. Custom taxes, 20 $. So the total price would be 155 $, right? The best price, here, for a G29 (without gear shift, I agree) is 275 $. Something to think about.
Pierre
"Yappa"
PSN: IGURAG11 (joining GTS soon)

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self - Ernest Hemingway

lisanorm

Post by lisanorm » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:24 am

So looks like i can use me old wee driving force wheel :lol: also waiting on Brian to test the cross format/system to see what that is like,i know if and when i get a decent wheel (god only knows this answer) then yes i would save big bucks because i play on both :o
Hi,name is Norm,Norman,Normie or Stormin :lol:
PSN ID: lisanorm Or stormin_1971
Not as green as cabbage looking

Norm's putt putt tunes
http://gtworld.ca/viewforum.php?f=66

Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:48 am

lisanorm wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:24 am
So looks like i can use me old wee driving force wheel :lol: also waiting on Brian to test the cross format/system to see what that is like,i know if and when i get a decent wheel (god only knows this answer) then yes i would save big bucks because i play on both :o
Good news, Norm. It works perfectly! Almost better than the G27 because the DFGT has a PS button. Everything maps out and the wheel feels good. The brakes are either on or off but that is kind of nice, by times. I drove a couple of laps at Monza in F1 2016, felt really good. Now the wheel was on my lap and the pedals were scooting across the floor but the impression I got was great. The DFGT has very decent FFB. I'm sure there is something that would make the brake pedal better, I've heard that a bungee cord or tennis ball might work.

I don't have a Fanatec wheel or an old Thrustmaster but from my experience, the DriveHub works perfectly with the older Logitech wheels. If you can work out the shipping, etc., it's well worth looking at when GT Sport and/or PCars 2 come out.