Nasty NASCAR Daytona

Waddy
Site Admin

Nasty NASCAR Daytona

Post by Waddy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:56 am

Someone was saying that they were having a tough time with this series of events. I decided to give Daytona a go but over a span of a few weeks and many tries, I couldn't get it again. I won them all back in January but it's a skill set that I haven't used since. Here is a video that gives you some tips, the main one being to use aids. If they try to PIT you, the aids will prevent you from spinning out, most of the time anyway. I had been trying these with nothing, not even ABS but that didn't work. Seems the aids did the trick. Also, use a new car. PP limit is 600 and you have to have it at 70% power. My limited math said this would be best on a new car. If someone can work it all out with a pencil, let me know if that's not right.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjzllQY9HKk[/youtube]
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.
Jay

Re: Nasty NASCAR Daytona

Post by Jay » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:13 am

Funnily enough, I did this race on Wed evening this week. The demo was running & it was a NASCAR race, & I thought that it was ages since I had done any NASCAR. I used my old car, changed the oil & used your tune - the one with the long gearbox set-up where you use 4th as a kind of overdrive. No aids at all - even ABS. Anyway, I got into the lead & pretty much stayed there until half way through the last lap when... ... I got pitted! :evil: :x :evil:

So I then shortened the ratios a bit & repeated the race. Won it without them being able to get close enough to cause any trouble. Was quite surprised how easy it was after the first shenanigan... :shock:
Jay

"If it's too loud, you're too old..."

PSN: Jaywalk3r1884