Gran Turismo Sport Beta - Same old crash and bash

Waddy
Site Admin

Gran Turismo Sport Beta - Same old crash and bash

Post by Waddy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Regardless of the hype, the GTS online races haven't changed. This is precisely why I don't race in Multiplayer lobbies. Sony et al, could easily change things by kicking out or banning these idiots. They won't though, not even in the beta. They have a system set out to rate drivers but we'll have to see if there is a way to keep the lower rated ones out of the lobbies. If not, nothing will change.

Let me know what you think from what you see here. I could have barreled my way to a higher placement but I decided to play it fair and stay away from contact. The main idiot, you'll see who I mean, finished behind me, thank goodness. I was the lone Canadian. This is a classic 'lonely little petunia in an onion patch'.
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.
lisanorm

Re: Gran Turismo Sport Beta - Same old crash and bash

Post by lisanorm » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:07 am

Waddy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:36 pm Regardless of the hype, the GTS online races haven't changed. This is precisely why I don't race in Multiplayer lobbies. Sony et al, could easily change things by kicking out or banning these idiots. They won't though, not even in the beta. They have a system set out to rate drivers but we'll have to see if there is a way to keep the lower rated ones out of the lobbies. If not, nothing will change.

Let me know what you think from what you see here. I could have barreled my way to a higher placement but I decided to play it fair and stay away from contact. The main idiot, you'll see who I mean, finished behind me, thank goodness. I was the lone Canadian. This is a classic 'lonely little petunia in an onion patch'.
Crikey !!! How old are most of them :lol: Yes we will see how this so called sportsmanship works :roll: although it has been said that your rating can drop because of others :twisted:
Hi,name is Norm,Norman,Normie or Stormin :lol:
PSN ID: lisanorm Or stormin_1971 or when in England charlienorm and now in the US dirtydonutmouth :o :shock: :lol:
Happy Frustrations

Norm's putt putt tunes
http://gtworld.ca/viewforum.php?f=66
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1026661
Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:53 am

Waddy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:36 pm Regardless of the hype, the GTS online races haven't changed. This is precisely why I don't race in Multiplayer lobbies. Sony et al, could easily change things by kicking out or banning these idiots. They won't though, not even in the beta. They have a system set out to rate drivers but we'll have to see if there is a way to keep the lower rated ones out of the lobbies. If not, nothing will change.

Is it possible to turn off the background music when driving?
Jay

"If it's too loud, you're too old..."

PSN: Jaywalk3r1884
Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:00 am

lisanorm wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:07 am Crikey !!! How old are most of them :lol: Yes we will see how this so called sportsmanship works :roll: although it has been said that your rating can drop because of others :twisted:
It reads that any contact decreases both ratings. Their theory is that the slow cars and the fast cars both have responsibilities. From this video I think you can see that it's not working quite the way they planned. From the number of drivers who brake way too late and end up in the sand, I'd say that many haven't driven BH before. If that's the case then it stands to reason that they also haven't played GT6 before either. That begs the question, why and how did they get the beta when so many of our people didn't?

Lastly, from my seat it looked like many of the drivers were using controllers. In itself, that's not bad as we all know but it adds to the comment above about people getting the beta who don't know how to drive.
Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:02 am

Jay wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:53 am
Is it possible to turn off the background music when driving?
Yes, full control of things like that, same as in GT6. I actually don't remember if the music is on when I'm racing or not. From now on, I think I'll stick to TTs and racing AI. It's just too frustrating racing with idiots.