Trying to do the Racenet Challenges without a Racenet account...does not work.

Waddy
Site Admin

Trying to do the Racenet Challenges without a Racenet account...does not work.

Post by Waddy » Mon May 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Check it out. Every time I tried to run them, it asked me for my Racenet details. This is on TT-Only. Once I signed up online, I could run them. Sven says he could run them without a Racenet account. Anyone else have experience with this?
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.
nofitg

Re: Trying to do the Racenet Challenges without a Racenet account...does not work.

Post by nofitg » Tue May 24, 2016 4:09 am

I can't check this unless I set up a new GAS username, which I could do easily enough, using a 'spare' PSN username I have.

All I can say is that sometimes, when applying myself to the Racenet Challenges, the system fails to 'communicate' with Racenet, yet I am able to run the challenge OK.

When I first got the game I found it a bit confusing having to register with Racenet as there was no explanation as to what was the purpose of Racenet.

Also, any mention of registering and creating an 'account' gives my wallet a fit of the vapours. Codemasters and Racenet did not make it clear that the account is free, and is merely an extension of the games Codemasters make. I am also a worry-nit about data mining (Hint: Use DuckDuckGo as your search engine and Firefox as your web browser, and install AdBlocker Plus on it. Also set up a sacrificial email address to use for everything except friends and family. If you get spam on it, just bin it and create a new one.)

The Racenet site is neat, but falls short of its potential. The most annoying shortfall is the previously mentioned oddity where the results of the Challenges disappear as soon as the week's run is over. Also, when playing GAS, the rolling messages which display are repetitive and innacurate. Last night it announed that GTWorld Club has 8 members. I thought, 'Oh good', then a minute or two later the message repeats and says there are 7 members. How can a computer system do that? It either knows the correct number or it doesn't. It's a bit like Trump sending off the nukes to China only for the Codemasters control system to send them to Botswana.

However, minor moans (constructive criticism) aside, GAS is a very enjoyable game.
Paul S (PSN: nofitg)
Momentum: A boon to the wise and a curse to the foolish.
Waddy
Site Admin

Re: Trying to do the Racenet Challenges without a Racenet account...does not work.

Post by Waddy » Tue May 24, 2016 10:39 am

nofitg wrote:I can't check this unless I set up a new GAS username, which I could do easily enough, using a 'spare' PSN username I have.

All I can say is that sometimes, when applying myself to the Racenet Challenges, the system fails to 'communicate' with Racenet, yet I am able to run the challenge OK.

When I first got the game I found it a bit confusing having to register with Racenet as there was no explanation as to what was the purpose of Racenet.

Also, any mention of registering and creating an 'account' gives my wallet a fit of the vapours. Codemasters and Racenet did not make it clear that the account is free, and is merely an extension of the games Codemasters make. I am also a worry-nit about data mining (Hint: Use DuckDuckGo as your search engine and Firefox as your web browser, and install AdBlocker Plus on it. Also set up a sacrificial email address to use for everything except friends and family. If you get spam on it, just bin it and create a new one.)

The Racenet site is neat, but falls short of its potential. The most annoying shortfall is the previously mentioned oddity where the results of the Challenges disappear as soon as the week's run is over. Also, when playing GAS, the rolling messages which display are repetitive and innacurate. Last night it announed that GTWorld Club has 8 members. I thought, 'Oh good', then a minute or two later the message repeats and says there are 7 members. How can a computer system do that? It either knows the correct number or it doesn't. It's a bit like Trump sending off the nukes to China only for the Codemasters control system to send them to Botswana.

However, minor moans (constructive criticism) aside, GAS is a very enjoyable game.

I had a laugh last night doing the challenges before they expired. Every time one would load, the time left before expiry would change. :lol: The main screen was correct, 12 hours and counting on it but the other screens were 16 hours, 13 hours, 15 hours etc. It was a sync problem, I guess.
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.
swsc73

Post by swsc73 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:30 am

nofitg wrote:Last night it announed that GTWorld Club has 8 members. I thought, 'Oh good', then a minute or two later the message repeats and says there are 7 members. How can a computer system do that? It either knows the correct number or it doesn't.
Ha-ha :lol: On monday we were trying to get Marcus signed up to the club, and during this process Janne and I accidentially deleted Joel from our friends lists, plus Brian signed up his TT-Only-account. So there might have been some confusion happening. :lol:
I´m actually trying to get an old friend from my personal list to join us there. It´s all very hard without any instructions :?
Sven "Stretchy"
PSN: swsc73
GT7, Elite Dangerous, ProjectCars 2