Grid Autosport Live Replays

Waddy
Site Admin

Grid Autosport Live Replays

Post by Waddy » Sat May 14, 2016 11:28 am

This was an irregular Thursday session. Sven and I decided to run the Lancia Delta all afternoon. Here are some live replays, the only way to save them. These are from my AverMedia Capture device, C285 model number in case you are wondering. Direct upload to Youtube, no computer needed.
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.
nofitg

Re: Grid Autosport Live Replays

Post by nofitg » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:15 am

That's the one big omission from GRID - no ability to save a replay to one's own PS3.

It's such a shame, as even though GRID is not a graphically rich as GT6, it packs in a lot of drama, and the detail of crashes is just excellent.

Now that fast broadband finally arrived in sleepy rural Herefordshire - I have got a 37 Mbps connection now, up from a max of 2 Mbps previously - I have been able to look at some stuff on Youtube without having to have endless patience waiting for videos to spool and catch up. Also, I get them in full HD now, not the degraded version my old connection had to use.

Here is a compilation of GRID Autosport crashes from Youtube. The level of detail is good - look for the crack appearing in the windscreen in cockpit view as one car does a roll at Bathurst. Bits of debris fly off, dust and gravel spew everywhere, etc. It's all great fun. And maybe that's the point. If only we could record the epic crashes that our Skipper (and the rest of us) suffer at the hands of the evil AI, then maybe watching the replays would make the irritation of being slammed into a rather more acceptable part of the game.

phpBB [video]

Skipper - maybe I am missing something here, as reading your post it seems that one can save a replay stright to Youtube? If so, can I put out a plea for GTWorld lobby racers to save a few replays so we can all see the action?
Paul S (PSN: nofitg)
Momentum: A boon to the wise and a curse to the foolish.
Waddy
Site Admin

Re: Grid Autosport Live Replays

Post by Waddy » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:15 am

nofitg wrote:
Skipper - maybe I am missing something here, as reading your post it seems that one can save a replay stright to Youtube? If so, can I put out a plea for GTWorld lobby racers to save a few replays so we can all see the action?
No, not from the PS3. My PS3 (and my PS4) are connected to my AverMedia capture device. I press Record on it then run a race or whatever then press Stop when I'm done. At that point, I can upload the video that I just recorded directly to Youtube, no intermediate step needed. That's how the videos that I posted a while ago got up to Youtube. Someone, not sure who, asked about capture cards/devices so I gave as much detail as I could about the AverMedia that I have. The other types require a PC to upload to Youtube but mine doesn't. Hope this helps.
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.