A Series of TT Replays by Joel. Watch and learn.

Waddy
Site Admin

A Series of TT Replays by Joel. Watch and learn.

Post by Waddy » Sun May 01, 2016 7:43 pm

Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.
joeledward

Re: A Series of TT Replays by Joel. Watch and learn.

Post by joeledward » Sun May 01, 2016 11:27 pm

Thanks for posting these Brian. I really appreciate the time and effort. I hope that someone may get a hint or two and gain a bit of time of their own on future TTs.
Pay particular attention to where I coast instead of braking hard (so much time is lost by over braking thus losing precious momentum)
Also note the line through the corners. I asked Brian to post these as not to boast but to help others :D Usually we only get to see the Aliens replays which are not realistically achievable to the average Joe.
My laps and times can be achieved by most of you with some hard work and determination. Most of these hot laps are achieved after many, many hours of hard graft and tweaking of settings many thousands of kilometres usually. Can't forget to thank the tuners for their contributions , much appreciated. It won't happen unless you persevere and keep on trying.
I follow the Aliens very closely and in most cases I am right on their tails.

Hope you guys find them useful :D
Help others if you can
Joel
"Stumpy"
PSN: joelh1965
PS4 "Stumpy McGee"
YapalfeuAulac

Post by YapalfeuAulac » Mon May 02, 2016 5:17 am

Wow, very impressive and useful, for sure. Thanks a lot for sharing. Always surprises me to see that the fastest guys don't look that fast when you watch their replays, it seems so fluid and calm... I'll try and coast more now 8-) !
Pierre
"Yappa"
PSN: IGURAG11

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self - Ernest Hemingway
vedder1992

Post by vedder1992 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Great stuff Joel. You are always happy to help, share and inspire others. :D
''Don't ever put your happiness in someone else's hands. They'll drop it. They'll drop it every time''.
lisanorm

Post by lisanorm » Tue May 03, 2016 3:28 am

Hey nice drivin mate,so i need to cut that chicane damn that is where i lose it ha ha...Yes good to watch :mrgreen: God i so want a capture device :cry: And thanx for trying out some of my tunes and your feedback,Cheers mate :D
Hi,name is Norm,Norman,Normie or Stormin :lol:
PSN ID: lisanorm Or stormin_1971 or when in England charlienorm and now in the US dirtydonutmouth :o :shock: :lol:
Happy Frustrations

Norm's putt putt tunes
http://gtworld.ca/viewforum.php?f=66
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1026661
Jay

Post by Jay » Tue May 03, 2016 3:52 am

Good stuff there, Stumpy! 8-)
Jay

"If it's too loud, you're too old..."

PSN: Jaywalk3r1884
joeledward

Post by joeledward » Tue May 03, 2016 7:50 am

lisanorm wrote:Hey nice drivin mate,so i need to cut that chicane damn that is where i lose it ha ha...Yes good to watch :mrgreen: God i so want a capture device :cry: And thanx for trying out some of my tunes and your feedback,Cheers mate :D
:lol: Yes all the top times cut the chicane , told you I follow the Aliens :lol:
I always try your tunes mate, always very fast, same as you. Your tunes have helped me right from the start much appreciated Stormin Norman ( AKA Lisa to Dalone ) :lol: :lol:
Hope you liked some of my best results :D
Help others if you can
Joel
"Stumpy"
PS4 "Stumpy McGee"
joeledward

Post by joeledward » Tue May 03, 2016 7:52 am

Jay wrote:Good stuff there, Stumpy! 8-)
Thanks mate, hope you liked them :D Did you notice the odometer reading on these cars :o :shock: :lol:
Seems like my GT 6 days are almost over , I haven't played or even logged on for over a week :o
Having so much fun on Grid Autosport :D
Help others if you can
Joel
"Stumpy"
PS4 "Stumpy McGee"
lisanorm

Post by lisanorm » Tue May 03, 2016 8:28 am

joeledward wrote:
lisanorm wrote:Hey nice drivin mate,so i need to cut that chicane damn that is where i lose it ha ha...Yes good to watch :mrgreen: God i so want a capture device :cry: And thanx for trying out some of my tunes and your feedback,Cheers mate :D
:lol: Yes all the top times cut the chicane , told you I follow the Aliens :lol:
I always try your tunes mate, always very fast, same as you. Your tunes have helped me right from the start much appreciated Stormin Norman ( AKA Lisa to Dalone ) :lol: :lol:
Hope you liked some of my best results :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :shock: :? :oops:

yes i chip away on grid now n then,well it did cost 0$ only one worth me ps+ costs :lol:
Hi,name is Norm,Norman,Normie or Stormin :lol:
PSN ID: lisanorm Or stormin_1971 or when in England charlienorm and now in the US dirtydonutmouth :o :shock: :lol:
Happy Frustrations

Norm's putt putt tunes
http://gtworld.ca/viewforum.php?f=66
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1026661
Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Tue May 03, 2016 11:10 am

Hey Norm (and anyone else looking for a capture device), here's my rec. I studied these pretty hard before I bought mine, this one: http://www.avermedia.com/gaming/product ... ture_hd_ii

To record from the PS3 you need to finagle things a bit but the PS4 works straight to it. I can explain the PS3 setup to anyone who needs it but basically, it's because of the DRM crap on the PS3. You can't capture a signal straight from it, everything has to pass through a (cheap) HDMI splitter then back to the PS3. For the PS4, just turn of DHCP when you can to record. (Needed for Netflix, etc. so you have to keep turning it on and off but no biggie).
The best part of this device is the fact that you don't need a PC. You can record live or save replays and then load them up to Youtube just like that, no PC needed. If you want to save a replay and edit it, use a flash drive to take the file from the device to your computer. Easy as pie, seriously.

The Elgato models require a PC right next to your PS3. If you've got that setup, fine. If not, go for the AverMedia. It doesn't come with a hard drive but I have a dozen or more laptop drives hanging around. Any 2.5" drive will do, size doesn't really matter since the files are compressed and you can easily delete them as soon as you're done with them. I don't think you can use an SSD but you can check. 250 gigs works fine for me but you can get by with 64 gigs. Also, you don't have to delete the stuff that's already on the drive. The device only uses files it records and won't touch anything else on the drive.

Let me know if anyone needs more details and I'll do a post specifically on this.
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.