Project Cars Race at Monza - September 2nd, 2015

Waddy
Site Admin

Project Cars Race at Monza - September 2nd, 2015

Post by Waddy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:37 pm

SW_10, Sven and I met in Project Cars yesterday. First time for Sven and I in a party, second time racing. Party is only in GT4 and it means you can talk while playing any game. It's like a telephone call while gaming. I could play one game, everyone else could play something else and we'd chat.

Why do we use this in PCars? Because the sound sucks in PCars and you keep getting kicked out of the lobby. It's different from GT5/6 and you'll have to have patience if you want to set up online racing. When you do, however, you'll be rewarded with lots of great scenery, excellent cars and the ability to fill the empty spots with AI.

SW_10, watch for the chicane hit on the third lap. We both thought I hit you but it was the AI. I went ghost and the yellow AI hit you. We had a big laugh about that. Just so you know, SW_10 was driving without any aids at all. Sven and I had ABS at least, I had TC too, I think.

My PSN is waddy2001 so if you have a mic and want to race on PCars with us, add me and we'll see you online. No mic? Don't bother. The mic adds so much to these events. Get a cheap USB headset and go racing!
Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win.
swsc73

Re: Project Cars Race at Monza - September 2nd, 2015

Post by swsc73 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Very nice driving with you guys! And thanks SW__10 for your tips, especially that party function.
It helps to stay in contact, no matter what you do, if you´re in the lobby or not. Unfortunately there is no messaging-system in PCars. So a mic/headset is highly recommended.
In this lobby we were driving with AI-opponents for the first time which I found very entertaining. By this you have lots of possibilities to design any kinds of races.
MPFRM0E41BCAAARWE_.jpg
MPTBLTK41BCAAAOWE_.jpg
MPH_UFT31BCAAAPWE_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by swsc73 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sven "Stretchy"
PSN: swsc73
GT7, Elite Dangerous, ProjectCars 2
SW__10

Post by SW__10 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:52 pm

Fantastic racing guys! All the races we did were great fun! :)

I don't think I'd ever driven most of the cars we used! ....
..... I think it showed! :oops: .... :lol:

Waddy: That chicane hit on lap 3 :lol: great driving from me! 8-) ... :shock: ... :lol:
Nice pics Sven! I think you can just about see me on the last one!...
...I seem to of parked my 6.8l Merc in the barriers in the background :oops:....:lol:

Thanks guys! I had a blast! Look forward to racing with you again! :)
Janne 77

Post by Janne 77 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:33 am

I watched the race. I now have a question for you. you can do the damage ??? these are all online driver ??? you can populate the field with AI drivers ??? how many can ride ??? :?:
Psn:janne19081977
Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:37 am

Janne 77 wrote:I watched the race. I now have a question for you. you can do the damage ??? these are all online driver ??? you can populate the field with AI drivers ??? how many can ride ??? :?:
Up to 16. You tell the game how many real drivers will be in the race then you tell it how many AI you want. Total up to 16. You could race alone with 15 AI if you wanted.

Damage is off but you can turn it on to make it real. Visible damage is on but mechanical (real) damage was off.
praiano63

Post by praiano63 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:07 am

How are the servers working in comparation to GT6 ? Do they support people like me with a weak connection ?
La guerre est un massacre de gens qui ne se connaissent pas, au profit de gens qui se connaissent mais ne se massacrent pas. Paul Valéry.
Waddy
Site Admin

Post by Waddy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:18 pm

praiano63 wrote:How are the servers working in comparation to GT6 ? Do they support people like me with a weak connection ?
They seem fine and stable to me but I have only been online a few times. There is no voice to speak of, so that part of it is not a load on the system. We use the Party part of the PS4 for voice chat so it should be separate from PCars. Loading time is a bit slower, that's all I have noticed. Maybe SW_10 will give more input. Fanapryde too.
SW__10

Post by SW__10 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:57 pm

praiano63 wrote:How are the servers working in comparation to GT6 ? Do they support people like me with a weak connection ?
On the whole I think the PCars servers are ok. Not sure about supporting
weak connections though. I've raced quite a lot online in PCars and
I've not noticed many problems.
You can see a little triangle next to the other peoples names in the lobby.
These are coloured to indicate their connection. I've raced with people
who have had a red triangle, which I assume means a bad connection,
and not really seen any problems with them.

A couple of things I've noticed...
When people join a lobby that is already in session, say, in qualifying,
you get a slight 'jump' or 'stutter' which is annoying.
You don't get this in the actual race as nobody can join the lobby
when the race has begun.
Very occasionaly, I think I've seen this twice in the whole time I've been
playing PCars, someone can try and connect to a lobby but immediately
get disconnected. Not sure what the reason is, but, very annoying when it
happens lol!